07 September 2007

AutoCAD: Popup OSNAP Menu

AutoCAD's options for Object Snaps and Object Tracking are extremely far reaching, but keeping them all turned on can be madding when trying to get AutoCAD to understand what you're trying to do. Opening the OSNAP menu to turn on and off options as you need them is one way to handle this dilema, but there's another option.

'Shift+Right Click' pops up the OSNAP popup menu with a plethora of common and lesser used OSNAP and OTRACK options. Of particular note is the 'Mid Between 2 Points' option ('m2p') a very handy option which alleviates the need to draw guide lines to snap to a temporary midpoint.

1 comments:

intercad said...

Hey Yahoo!,. . I have a floorplan of my new apartment with total square feet for the whole unit, but the sizes of the individual walls are not given. Is there a CAD or floor plan software available that will allow me to draw the floor plan without entering wall lengths, and will then let me enter the total area and calculate the wall lengths for me? Software that doesn't take weeks of studying to learn to use would be preferred, but anything would be great, I'm moving cross country and want to know what I can take with me! Thanks in advance!.

Solid Works